Many methods to backup a Gmail account, one with the typical technique utilised backup strategy called POP3. Here are some suggestions to download, install, configure and Mozilla Thunderbird for mem-backup Gmail messages.
* Login to Gmail. Click “Settings” in the upper right corner.
* Click the tab or link “Forwarding and Pop.”
* Click “Enable Pop for all mail.”
* Click on the window that any steps No.2, and click “Maintain Gmail’s copy in the inbox” from the drop down menu.
* Click “Save Chages.” This will tell Gmail to send e-mail from your Gmail account to another mail client, including the Thunderbird. Do not worry, the confidentiality of your e-mail remains protected by a password and username of your account.
* Download the Thunderbird in http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/thunderbird/
* Double click on Setup Thunderbird X. XX (X is the version quantity)
* Screen is the very first welcome screen of the setup Thunderbird setup, click Next.
* Read the agreement in the next screen, click “I accept”, click Next. Click next once more.
* Click Finish
* If you use Microsoft Outlook on your computer, then you will be given the alternative to import existing settings, choose “Yes” if you want a new mail client with the exact same settings with the prior, and then click next.
* Select Next and scary at the end of the screen. You do not need to have to change the default settings and RSS mail, unless you want to use Thunderbird for regular mail and RSS reader.
* Entrance to the Thunderbird mail, click Tools> Account Settings. Add Account and the left. Click Email Accounts, and click Next.
* Enter the name and total address with Gmail, click Next.
* Choose POP and type pop.gmail.com for the incoming server. You do not need to fill the outgoing server as a backup of your use of Gmail. Click Next.
* Type your Gmail e-mail address in the address of incoming and outgoing email you, and click Next. Click Next and Finish.
* Click left pane section titled “Server Settings”.
* On the proper, choose the type and SSL port 995 for you and your other possibilities are semi-optional.
* I get mail from Thunderbird. Hundreds of messages will acquire up to full backups, and backups will stop when you close Thunderbird.
Written by kentaro17